Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Not quite as good

Spent last night working on the new rear wheel. Was the same setup as the previous day, but this wheel decided it was really going to fight me and avoid getting both true and tension balanced. Finally got it to where I was content with the results, but it was definitely one of the tougher wheel build/tensionings I've dealt with! I had hoped to finish that one quick so I could also finish some other wheels I've been wanting to work on, but was unable.

Still, I got it to work, and the wheelset is gorgeous. All said and done, the wheelset comes in at 1478g, (642g front, 835g rear) which is really light, even moreso when you consider it's a deep section aluminum rim!

Tonight I'm hoping to put the Stan's tubeless rim strip on it, and I'll mount my Michelin Pro 2 Race's with a tube to seat the tape. Hopefully I'll get a chance to ride it, then, tomorrow, I should be ready to do the proper tubeless conversion!

No comments: