Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bikes looking up again...

Well, biking's been a little rough there for a while, but it's all starting to look up again.

To summarize... in the past month or so:
  • The rear shock on my Santa Cruz was leaking so bad it wouldn't hold pressure, even after having sent it to Push Industries a couple months ago for a rebuild. Result: no MTB for me.
  • I've been having problems with my saddle on the road bike which I haven't been able to solve. Subsequently, I've been riding very sporadically in the past three weeks.
  • When I cleaned up the frame on Grace's Santa Cruz, I discovered that the rear triangle had a pretty significant crack.
But now, everything's coming together nicely. I shipped the leaking shock out to Push, who fixed it up at no charge and shipped it back. I reassembled my mountain bike last night, and I'm borrowing a really nice wheelset from Lance, so we're ready to rumble again.

The saddle issue on the road bike is still there, but I'm getting new wheels... and a really swanktastique set, too. I have an old pair of American Classic hubs, and Mike Garcia of Odds and Endos/Speedcific fame just shipped me a pair of his Niobium 30 rims and a full complement of Sapim CX-Ray spokes, possibly the most swanktastique steel spoke available. I've been looking forward to building this very wheelset for at least a year!

Finally, I disassembled Grace's Juliana and shipped the rear triangle out to Santa Cruz, who will be replacing it with a new one, so hopefully soon she'll have her Juliana back together to go with her Scale.

Fun is on the horizon!

1 comment:

Dmitri said...

Nice update. Scary about the crack! I saw a kid on a scott at the last race at iron hill. Prolly alum, but still, nice for a kid!

Welcome back to mtb, maybe we'll hit trails soon again!

Dz