Friday, April 18, 2008

A step in the right direction

Today I left work early and Grace and I hit Wissahickon. After yesterday's great road ride, I was a little concerned about how things would go. Well, it wasn't bad. I used ALL the gears and rode slowly and deliberately, but managed to keep my back from becoming too much of a problem. I also discovered that my leg strength allows me to ride through some really rocky sections at lower than walking pace... I just keep the pedals turning and roll over stuff.

The flipside was that I wound up having the slowest ride in Wissahickon in a while, with an average speed of only 8.2 mph. Grace, on the other hand, ran rabbit and disappeared up the trail, until she decided it was time to wait for me to catch up!

The Rally in the Valley is tomorrow, I figure I'll take the same approach of riding slowly and see how it goes.

No comments: