Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pictures from the Fair Hill race posted


Grace made her return to mountain bike racing this past weekend at Fair Hills in Maryland. There was a huge turnout, with womens' class sizes which were closer to what you'd expect in the Senior and Vet men classes. There were 26 women in her class alone, and for her first race in nearly two years, she finished a very respectable 10th out of 23 finishers. While she wasn't unhappy with that performance, it's safe to say that she wasn't necessarily happy with it either... she was wishing that she finished top five! Coming back into racing with no specific preparation, I still think that was pretty darn good!

This race also marked the first time we were to a race with my Nikon digital SLR camera, with the fancy image stabilized zoom lens... and I used it to great effect. I took about 460 pictures during the day, and most of the race, I was test riding a Fisher 29er full suspension bike! Check out the pictures of Grace at her gallery, and some of the pictures of other folks that I got while playing with the camera.

No comments: