Sunday, March 16, 2008

Life is good... again.

Needed to work on the bikes on Saturday... yes, I should be working on the house, but working on the bikes is funner. It was sunny and warm (for mid-March) so I set up the Minoura stand on the side porch and got to work. It reminded me of the good times of working on bikes at Monica and Rich's in North Carolina.

This made me realize something. I was reading some bike magazine, and they had an interview with this mechanic who has worked for many of the biggest MTB racers. I remember looking at the picture of a big, kinda chunky guy, with a HUGE smile. Since then, I've often thought that sometimes I enjoy wrenching more than riding. Not all the time... but after a crappy ride, I can't help but think of that fat, happy mechanic and wonder if I should just stick to the wrenching. :)

No comments: