Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm not a flippin' speedbump, man!

Ok, if you're reading this, please just do me a favor. Think when you drive. That's all I ask. Walking to the train today I came within about a foot of getting hit by some person in an Infiniti G35 who just couldn't be bothered to actually stop at a stop sign, and either didn't bother to look for me or didn't bother to care. All I knew was I was crossing the road on my way to the train, and this car came zipping up Clinton, slowed a *little* at the stop sign, then hooked a left right at me in the crosswalk. I literally had to jump forward and was just missed by their mirror. I yelled, and they stopped just up the road, I guess maybe they were trying to figure out what the hell that was that "just jumped out" in front of them.

Who knows. All I know is it shouldn't be this fucking dangerous to cross the road at 6 in the morning. I mean, had they actually came to a stop at the stop sign, I'd have been all the way through by the time they went by. If they didn't get on the gas so hard after "stopping" I'd have been all the way through. Hey, I've been there, I know it's fun to go fast and I've driven a G35, I know it's fun to accelerate in one of those... but the simple fact of the matter is even at 220lb, I'm a bit out of my weight class against a car, and just a LITTLE bit of paying attention would go a really really long way to me being able to remain healthy.

Just please pay attention out there. It was too dark to see, but who of us would have been surprised if the driver was on the phone?

No comments: