Thursday, November 22, 2007

Bikes in Greensboro

Ah, vacation in Greensboro. Might have seemed a little excessive to bring five bikes, but so far all but one have been ridden. Five bikes for two people, you say? Here's the breakdown:
  • Grace's Santa Cruz Juliana Superlight MTB
  • Grace's Giant XTC hardtail MTB
  • My Santa Cruz Superlight MTB
  • My Giant TCR roadie
  • Schwinn Fastback Comp roadie for Rich, borrowed from BVL's girlfriend Lisa
Rich has been talking about getting a road bike for a while, so I borrowed the Schwinn from Lisa and Rich and I went for a ride. Surprisingly enough, I didn't even have to adjust the seat height for Rich. We got out and did a 23 mile ride on yet another totally beautiful day.

So far, only the Giant hardtail hasn't been ridden, but that was because it wasn't completed. I finished putting it together the other day, and now it's ready to rock. Set up as a 1x9, it will weigh just slightly over 20lbs! Pretty darn light for a mountain bike.

No comments: