Monday, January 4, 2016

Adding code blocks to posts

One of the things I hate about this blogging platform is there's no easy way to do a code block, and support for entering code is piss poor. Tried the instructions on this blog post and it seems to work, although I don't like that I have to dick around with the HTML.

echo none > /sys/class/leds/led0/trigger
echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/led0/brightness
sleep 1
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/led0/brightness

It's a pain in the fucking ass, you have to edit the HTML and add exactly the right "pre" tags around your code, but at least there's something. I'm still looking for a blogging platform which provides:

  • Easy GUI editor
  • I don't have to host anything
  • Ability to easily handle code
  • Ability to include images without having to copy locations
So far this seems to be a trivial list but I'm not finding anything that's really winning me over.

No comments: