Monday, August 10, 2009

My Review of Giottos MH1004 Mini Ball Head with Single Knob for Ball and Pan

Adorama

Giottos MH1004 Mini Ball Head with Single Knob for Ball and Pan

Excellent little ball head

cmh Doylestown, PA 8/10/2009

5 5

Pros: Good Stability, Large Range of Motion, Attaches Firmly, Strong Clamp

Best Uses: Photography, Reducing Noise (ISO Reduction), Long Exposures

Describe Yourself: Photo Enthusiast

I picked this ball head up to go with the Flashpoint handlebar mount, thinking that it was required. Turns out it wasn't necessary, but I'm still happier with this ball head than with the handlebar mount, and will probably get more use from it. It's quite small, and fits nicely on top of my compact gorillapod, but even when mounted on top of my tripod, it can handle my Nikon D80 SLR with a fairly heavy 18-200mm VR lens with no problem. The knob quicky and easily unlocks it, allowing you to reposition any which way you want, and then lock it down again quickly. This ball head is an absolute must-have for use with a Gorillapod, as it gives you flexibility on the final aiming that can be quite difficult with the Gorillapod alone.

()

No comments: